Implementation period: 17 January 2007 – 31 December 2012.
That was a joint project of the Government of the AP Vojvodina and the Government of the Republic of Austria, through which the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) provided financial and technical support worth 5 million euros for implementation of six components of the Integrated Regional Development Plan of the AP Vojvodina.
Through the knowledge transfer system, the project primarily focused on the strengthening of the capacities of the Province, aiming to improve its socio-economic status and contribute to more efficient involvement of the Province in the European integration processes.
The aim of the project was to strengthen the structures which implemented the measures as part of the Integrated Regional Development Plan of the AP Vojvodina, with the purpose to achieve their specific goals and create sustainable platform for bilateral cooperation and transformation of the Integrated Regional Development Plan of the AP Vojvodina into the instrument for pre-accession assistance in terms of the optimal use of the EU support.
With a view to achieve a comprehensive goal, four immediate goals have been realised through the project:
- It has strengthened management capacities of the beneficiaries in the AP Vojvodina, and provided assistance in development of adequate organisational solutions for achievement of the anticipated goals of the AP Vojvodina Integrated Regional Development Plan, as well as its transformation to the potential pre-accession programme.
- A stable partnership has been established with important Austrian institutions for sustainable exchange of knowledge and relations enhancement with the Austrian business sector for the purpose of strengthening bilateral economic and trade exchanges.
- Selected beneficiaries were provided adequate technical assistance, based on the assessment of needs carried out jointly by Vojvodinian and Austrian partners.
- The selected beneficiaries were provided additional financial support that enabled them to consolidate their institutional framework, finance procurement of the equipment, and instruments and professionally conducted activities that were useful for the achievement of their specific goals.
The Austrian Development Agency’s support for the ’’Strategic Partnership in Support of the Integrated Regional Development Plan of the AP Vojvodina” project was provided through two key instruments: technical assistance (predominantly through Austrian partnering institutions and experts) and financial support.
The supported components of the ’’Strategic Partnership in Support of the Integrated Regional Development Plan of the AP Vojvodina” project are as follows:
- Centre for Strategic Economic Studies (CESS)
- Integrated Qualification Scheme (IQS)
- Business Standardisation and Certification Scheme (BSC)
- Agricultural Export Promotion Fund (AEPF)
- Vojvodina Investment Promotion Fund (VIP)
- Building Business Incubators (BBI)
- The Professional Service for the Implementation of the Integrated Regional Development Plan of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina
As part of the project, the Professional Service for the Implementation of the Integrated Regional Development Plan has been in charge of the implementation of financial support and has actively participated in all phases of the Project implementation.
The Professional Service has gained valuable experience through its participation in the implementation of the project: Strategic Partnership in Support of the Integrated Regional Development Plan of the AP Vojvodina, whereas the capacities of the employees in terms of their professional knowledge and experience have been significantly improved as a result of the series of trainings, seminars and educational events, thus providing the Service with a good basis for its future role in the implementation of the EU projects.